Jahit

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I might as well consider to open up a tailor shop when I retired nanti. Haha, berangan. From my experience of sewing embroidery and baju kurung itself, menjahit is really tedious and it requires a meticulous effort. Usaha yang tekun dan teliti. Because you see, a lot of people think that menjahit is all about jarum, benang and kain. Wrong.. it's everything about being meticulous and careful.

Last few weeks, I've been spending my days sewing for a boutique in Shah Alam and I found that my work hasn't been neat (imho). It was my first time sewing manik after 8 years of not sewing it (I sew manik since I am 12, I am now 20), so it took me to a thinking session that sewing is a little meticulous effort that will be dragged all along the journey till your masterpiece siap. Finally, your masterpiece looked fine.

Imho, everything I do needs a lot of practice and adapting. I enjoy sewing but I needed to have more patience for it. Kata Mak "awak kena lebih teliti". You can understand what Im saying if you were to compare designer clothes and pasar malam clothes. Different quality kan? Jahitan kemas. That's it!

So for this Eid, I have a project to sew my own baju raya. Two baju raya. One is like kebaya panjang, another one is like baju kurung kedah, a very simple one with darts. With intention to sew better and more neat. I need to kill the time.

(Bilik bila nak kemas weh?)


Well, this video is totally something that I kinda understand. The mother is tired, trust me. But the thoughts of her daughter and customers keep her going. All hail to the tailors out there! Btw, kata Mak "kualiti kena jaga". Mak has been the best tailor I have ever met. If she's really focus, she can sew a baju kurung in a day, perhaps more. She started sewing her own baju kurung sekolah since she was 14 and jahitan dia sgt kemas.

We are two different people, you see. Hahaha!

I do hope that my #projekrayanesa would be a success!
Have a nice day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Trip 2011

My Previous Love Story 2.0.

My previous love story.