New Job? Should I?

Im actually given the chance to freelance with my internship company right now. Been editing video for them, alhamdulillah Im thankful for this freelance job they offer. Came to the office twice a week. Didnt earn million ringgit from it, but it's decent enough to pay for my mandarin class hehe. Happy! Alhamdulillahhhhh! God bless my superior who offered me!

and really thankful because last week (kot. tak ingat dah), my superior at my internship office (in KL) called me and said there is opening for me as digital marketing executive. But the word marketing itself frightens me, you know. Idk if I should try or I should seek other job. Even if I try, 5 years forward, how will my career development be?

I actually dont have the "jiwa" for marketing because I always imagine that I need to bring lots of customers in for the company and Im so afraid I cant do that, people are not interested in me and I dont have extravagant ideas :(

Aku mmg tak gemar marketing dari zaman UiTM lagi. Before UiTM aku duk fikir marketing ni keje buat pamplet, poster, utk promote. Lol. Up until now, I dont exactly know how real marketing looks like......

But really weh, kau nak start business, marketing ni tool yg paling penting sekali. Itu yg membawa audience kepada business kau. Itu je lah yg aku faham, generally, psl marketing.

Even if one day aku nak start business wedding photography/catering business, aku masih perlu kan tools ni. Aku perlu medan utk belajar dan ianya bukan dalam kelas sbb allahu my previous marketing lecturer is.....nvm lets not start mengumpat here hahahaha.

I dont know if I wanna take the opening they offered me but 60% of my heart says take it, I will grow with the company. It's a startup company (small but decent), kinda had me doubted its credibility but Allahu, I just dont know....

But if I take this job, I hope I will grow and learn new things and be trusted and supported to do them, to be given time and space to catch up, to not face any issue about unethical conduct or payroll problem or dysfunctional management etc..

Then maybe in few years forward I could start drafting my catering business and slowly venturing into it.

Maybe now I should take this job and do freelance photography with a studio my friend works at (her boss is looking for a protege, so she thinks i can handle it) to actually increase my savings.


These the only things I could plan for my future now.

1. Take the job (in KL).
2. Do the freelance job also (in Gombak).
3. Save money.

So hard eh being our generation? Have to work two jobs for more savings.... hahaha. But it's okay as long as it's halal and not taking a toll on my health.

Idk if my plan above is what He wants me to do. I accidentally read a post on IIUM page about istikharah and wow, that shit hits me. I need to do istikharah and wtv. Im sooooo nervous, never did istikharah before hehe. Also I learnt new thing which is the confessor told in the post to randomly open the Quran after you set your doa and really tawakal to Allah to show you hints. Open it randomly and see on which verse is your eyes focusing at and if you're lucky, it will be pointed to a verse that will give you hints! hehe

(Click here to go to the FB post!)

and do read the comments, they are so beautiful :')

If anyone of you my reader ever feel lost and clueless, it's always through doa and talking to Allah that lead you to feel better, think better and hopefully act better.

Im afraid too to take the steps to work out my plan, but I gotta solat istikharah first, right?
I hope Allah will show me.


Take care, everyone.
Stay sane :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Trip 2011

My Previous Love Story 2.0.

Locked Away